Q4 laser scanner for 2D and 3D measurements
The optimum method for automatic non-contact measurement of:
Free Shape Comparison | Profile | Width | Height | Depth | Edge | Groove | Channel | Bead | Angle | Roundness | Presence | Planarity | Deformation | Flushness | Volume | Position | Completeness | Track Accuracy | Doubling
Principle: Laser Line Triangulation
QuellTech Q4 laser scanner make use of the triangulation principle to detect the two-dimensional profile of surfaces. By means of particular optical components, a point-shaped laser beam is expanded to a line and projected to the object of interest. The diffuse light of the reflected laser line is captured by an objective at a certain angle and then directed to a two-dimensional receiver chip.
On the basis of distances and angles known, a precise calibrated height value (z) is calculated for each pixel in the x level (laser line), resulting in a precise profile in the x-z plane of the sample. If the scanner is guided over the sample (y axis), a series of profiles is created forming a three-dimensional point cloud in space. This point cloud can be subjected by dimensional control carried out by the software.
Q4 laser scanner with compact design, low shape factors suitable for complex surfaces
The QuellTech Q4 laser scanner product series fulfill a large number of measurement applications and can be used flexibly in simple to complex measurement environments. The Q4 laser scanner has a high level of extraneous light robustness.
- X-Measuring Range from 4,5 to 650 mm
- Z-Measuring range (Height) from 5,9 to 1000 mm
- Laser wavelength blue 405 and 450 nm, red 658 nm
Different optical power classes are available from 1 to 1400 mW. For optimum adaptation to the surfaces to be examined, the power class and wave length can be selected.
Q4 laser scanner – Further Properties
- Resolution down to 0,8 µm (numeric resolution)
- Fully automatic exposure algorithm, adapts to the surface of the corresponding object
- Master-Slave configuration for Multi-scanner application
- Individual extremely precise calibration at the site of the manufacturer
- Casing with small shape factor (Business Card Footprint)
- Over-temperature protection circuit for laser
- Large selection of cases and measuring ranges
- Data transmission via Ethernet
- High resistivity against vibrations and impact
- Air/water cooling for high-temperature applications with glowing material available upon request
- Protective glasses for harsh environment available upon request
- Master-slave configuration for multi-scanner applications for harsh environments
- Encoder input for HTL signals
- Extremely thin laser lines to be achieved by particular optical components
- Weld seam tracking
- Machine Vision Software for creation of complex routines without programming
Can we help you with your measurement task?
We are happy to carry out an initial test measurement for you. We give you an assessment of the feasibility of your measurement task.
We support you technically and in terms of sales in further approach and implementation.